adduser necessary ?

Hi all,

I've got a question regarding to majordomo which I am right packaging.
majordomo got Debian-allocated uid and gid, is it necessary for postinst to
check if user and group exist ? If they exist, but with wrong ids, what to
do ? The majordomo-wrapper only runs with precompiled ids.
The question is: can I rely on base-passwd to have the correct settings in
/etc/passwd and /etc/group or do I have to do some paranoia checks ?

Any hint would be appreciated.

regards
	Sascha

--