Re: My first packages -- some questions.

> I think that I will be able to manage the rules file (doing by
> example, as Manoj said), but what I am missing is a feeling of what
> utilities get run in what order.  For instance, is dpkg-buildpackage
> just another helper script, or is it something that all but the most
> ardent do-it-your-selfer use, or does most everybody actually use
> build?

build just calls dpkg-buildpackage unless called with an
argument (see the manpage).

Take a look at http://www.pics.com/~igor/debian/programmer.html/ch-tools.html#s2.2

--
Proudly running Debian Linux! Linux vs. Windows is a no-Win situation....
Igor Grobman           igor@debian.org                 igor@digicron.com