Re: How is autopkgtest working in Perl packages

Hi Andreas,

Andreas Tille, on 2024-03-11:
> when trying to exclude clustalw and emboss from bioperl-run I learned
> that its autopkgtest is failing for all architectures but amd64.  The
> reason is that the test wants to install pftools which is only available
> on amd646.  Thus all autopkgtests for other architectures are failing
> with
>
>    Broken autopkgtest-satdep:ppc64el Depends on pftools:ppc64el < none @un mH >
>
> (and other not installable dependencies.)  Unfortunately I do not see
> any debian/tests/control file which is hidden by some Perl test magic
> I do not know.  Any hint how to relax the depencency from non-existent
> packages?

The operation of autodep8-pkg-perl is described on the Debian
Perl Team pages[1] (the other DPT).  Give that the suite that is
failing is the one which attempts to install recommended
packages no matter what, I think it may be skipped for now by
creating a debian/tests/pkg-perl/SKIP file containing:

runtime-deps-and-recommends

I can do that for you if you are busy on other fronts.

[1]: https://perl-team.pages.debian.net/autopkgtest.html

Have a nice evening,  :)
--
  .''`.  Étienne Mollier <emollier@debian.org>
 : :' :  pgp: 8f91 b227 c7d6 f2b1 948c  8236 793c f67e 8f0d 11da