Re: New version bali-phy 4.0-beta2

Hi Andreas,

Le 2023-03-29 21:04, Andreas Tille a écrit :
Hi Benjamin,

Am Tue, Mar 28, 2023 at 07:04:52AM +0200 schrieb Pierre Gruet:
Probably you wouold like to do something as in
	https://sources.debian.org/src/gedit-plugins/44.1-2/debian/watch/?hl=2#L2
for the gedit-plugins package? This was found by typing "path:debian/watch beta" in the search field of sources.debian.org. There are other packages
which you could check there.

ACK.

> Secondly, I suppose that any new version would need to go into
> experimental, since we are in a hard freeze?  I would like to start
> working on packaging for version 4 now, since some things have changed
> and I'd like to figure out how to deal with them now.

Yes, uploading to experimental is the right thing to do right now :)

I'm wondering whether any beta versions should go to experimental in
general. The fact that upstream marks it as beta is usually a sign that
the code is not for end users production systems.  I wrote a couple of
watch files that do not even report any alpha/beta versions as new
version.

This makes sense, right.

It happened that I used experimental to examine some issues (e.g. on some architectures) with beta versions, but yeah, there is always the risk that such unreliable version lands into unstable after some not-careful-enough
upload.

Best,

--
Pierre