Re: [MoM] Introduction

Dear Anne,

Am Mon, Mar 20, 2023 at 12:43:27PM +0000 schrieb Anne Ghisla:
> I'm Anne Ghisla, working at Forschungzentrum Jülich as generalist /
> support tech, with close ties to NeuroDebian. I use Debian daily at
> work, used to be active in geospatial FOSS (OSGeo, Google Summer of
> Code), and now have the opportunity to dedicate time to Debian
> packaging.

Thank you for the introduction.  Also thanks for joining the video
conference yesterday - I wished more contributors would sneak in to
these short meetings since its nice to have some face to face
interaction.

> I wish to participate to the Mentoring of the Month project and for
> that I picked a tiny piece of software, written by our intern. I
> would like the mentoring month to be useful for us both, for me as
> packager, for him as upstream:
> https://github.com/psyinfra/prometheus_fzj_weather_exporter

Looks like a pretty good start regarding the personal need and
the (low) complexity of the software.  Since its not really a medical
package we should package this in Debian Science team (which is not
typical for the MoM projects but perfectly fine given your intention
to contribute to Debian Med with more complex packages later).  Thus
I've added you to the Debian Science team.

> Once I get familiar with tools and processes, my next goal is to address
> htcondor - most likely not alone, but Andreas mentioned yesterday
> during the videoconference that it requires some major (leg)work on
> copyright and I will be happy to pick that task.

That would be perfect!

> On the longer run, my plan is to take care of NeuroDebian packages.

This would be extremely welcome.

> I'm aware that I have quite a bit to catch up and I'm a bit intimidated,
> but I'm confident that through documentation and questions I will soon
> get familiar with the process, as all steps have defined actions :)

The goal of a MoM project is to wipe out all hurdles for newcomers.

> Thanks in advance for your support!

You are welcome