Re: migration to htslib ecosystem 1.18

Hi,

Andreas Tille, on 2023-11-07:
> Am Mon, Nov 06, 2023 at 10:30:04PM +0100 schrieb Étienne Mollier:
> > There may be turbulences in this package ecosystem if I badly
> > anticipate corner issues, but nothing outstanding stood out in
> > the past two months, so time for larger distribution I guess.
>
> Thanks a lot for caring about this.  Just ping here if you need some
> help for uploads of htslib rdepends to experimental if you think this
> might be needed.

Checking migration status today, I noticed:

  * bcftools has a build failure on armhf, the build log[1]
    reports many bus errors, I informed upstream[2] in case they
    are interested about the problem and getting it fixed;

    [1]: https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=bcftools&arch=armhf&ver=1.18-1&stamp=1699434189&raw=1
    [2]: https://github.com/samtools/bcftools/issues/2036

  * htslib is looking good, still missing a build on mips64el,
    but that's on buildds not catching up;

  * python-pysam is looking good;

  * samtools is looking good, same issue as htslib on mips64el
    not picking up, not much we can do about it;

Have a good evening,  :)
--
  .''`.  Étienne Mollier <emollier@debian.org>
 : :' :  gpg: 8f91 b227 c7d6 f2b1 948c  8236 793c f67e 8f0d 11da