Re: Adding autopkgtest to Orthanc-python

On Tue, Oct 31, 2023 at 10:58:31AM +0100, Sébastien Jodogne wrote:
> This error indicates that two instances of Orthanc are running at the same
> time, most probably because the "orthanc" Debian service is not stopped at
> the beginning of the test by autopkgtests.
>
> I indeed do not see any call to "systemctl stop orthanc" in the main script
> "debian/tests/run-unit-test" [1], is this expected?
>
> I also don't understand how "debian/tests/run-unit-test" starts Orthanc. By
> using "Orthanc ./configuration.json --verbose", the script will not progress
> until Orthanc is manually stopped. From my understanding, Orthanc should
> instead be launched in the background (i.e., by adding an ampersand).
>
> Furthermore, before making a call to "http://localhost:8042/toto"; (which is
> added by the Python plugin), the test script should wait until Orthanc is
> actually started. This can be tested by an (infinite) loop testing whether
> the Orthanc PID is still existent, while waiting until
> "http://localhost:8042/system"; answers (this is a route that is built in
> Orthanc).

I tried doing something similar however the test still seems to fail.
The failing job can be found at[3].

Seems to me the reason is that the route to /toto is still not present
and the offending line is _probably_

| W1104 10:12:22.974692 main.cpp:1184] REST API cannot write to the file system.

But I am not really sure since I see the error even if change the test
dir to a dir with write permissions from everyone.
Can you take a look, please?

> However, as stated in another thread [2], I have strictly no experience with
> autopkgtests, so I cannot help readily here.

It should be as simple as `bash ./debian/tests/run-unit-test` for
checking locally (for this package).

> [1] https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/orthanc-python/-/commit/9e751a67614e90d383956f400906ce8121bcfc81
> [2] https://lists.debian.org/debian-med/2023/10/msg00017.html
[3] https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/orthanc-python/-/jobs/4887512