Re: Use of "UNRELEASED" in debian/changelog

Hi Santiago,

Am Fri, Oct 20, 2023 at 02:43:57PM +0200 schrieb Santiago Vila:
> One more question: I didn't get the hang of gbp to build
> the package at first, so I put the orig.tar.xz below the working
> directory and used good old "dpkg-buildpackage -S", since
> I know dpkg-buildpackage is smart enough to ignore
> the .git directory.
>
> To be sure everything was ok, I did a debdiff
> between old and new *.dsc afterwards.

If this is your workflow that's fine for me.

> If I have already tagged the package and pushed commit and tags,
> what are the potential bad effects of using plain "dpkg-buildpackage -S"
> in a project which is setup to use gbp?

I do not see any bad effects (but I did not used plain dpkg-buildpackage
so I might overlook something).  I simply have a gbp based workflow with
pbuilder which I consider very important - actually pbuilder/sbuild are
so important to me that I never consider the plain old build on local
machine any more.  This fits well into my gbp setup but I can't really
imagine any conflict.

> This is a question I always wanted to know but were afraid to ask...

Not sure whether you are meeting the experts for this question here.