Re: Several issues solved but python issue remaining (Was: [Help] Build issue of latest version of libsbml (probably Java compatibility issue))

Hi Andreas,

Andreas Tille, on 2022-11-29:
> since libsbml supports only one Python3 version as upstream said.  I
> left the former loop which contained the `-s` option to ease the
> change in case upstream might support more versions.
>
> Unfortunately the autopkgtest fails:
>
> autopkgtest [10:28:57]: test autodep8-python3: set -e ; for py in $(py3versions -r 2>/dev/null) ; do cd "$AUTOPKGTEST_TMP" ; echo "Testing with $py:" ; $py -c "import sbml5;            print(sbml5)" ; done
> autopkgtest [10:28:57]: test autodep8-python3: [-----------------------
> Testing with python3.11:
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
> ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'sbml5'
> autopkgtest [10:28:58]: test autodep8-python3: -----------------------]
>

> So on one hand we need to tell autopkgtest to just use the default
> Python3.  On the other hand if I install the resulting package on
> my local host and do the test with python3.10 it also issues the
> ModuleNotFoundError. :-(
>
> Any idea how to fix this?

I hit the same issue on python-pysam and disabled the python
specific autopkgtest for the time being, but noticed later that
there seems to be a better way.  If I trust py3versions(1)
manual, at the -r option description, I see that you can set an
X-Python3-Version field in the source section of the control
file.  With this statement

py3versions -r will stick to that version:

	$ py3versions -r 2>/dev/null
	python3.10

However it does not seem necessarily much sound to stick to a
version this way.  Last idea might be to reimplement the
superficial autopkgtest-pkg-python by hand to run the -r option
instead.

In hope this helps,
--
Étienne Mollier <emollier@emlwks999.eu>
Fingerprint:  8f91 b227 c7d6 f2b1 948c  8236 793c f67e 8f0d 11da