Re: Help for new version of bowtie2 needed

Hi Andreas,

Étienne Mollier, on 2022-11-04:
> Andreas Tille, on 2022-11-04:
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > I'm afraid that we see some SIMDE issues here:
> >
> >    https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/bowtie2/-/jobs/3474326
> >
> > I'm not sure whether I refreshed the according patches properly so some
> > review might make sense.
>
> In the raw output, the error spewing begins with this paragraph:
>
> 	In file included from aligner_sw.h:73,
> 	                 from bt2_search.cpp:54:
> 	sse_wrap.h:122:2: error: #else after #else
> 	  122 | #else
> 	      |  ^~~~
> 	sse_wrap.h:30: error: the conditional began here
> 	   30 | #ifdef SSE_AVX2
> 	sse_wrap.h:214:2: error: #endif without #if
> 	  214 | #endif /* SSE_WRAP_H_ */
> 	      |  ^~~~~
>
> With some luck, it is just a matter of identifying which #else
> is the proper one.  I may have a look this weekend if it turns
> out to be more hairy than first thought.

This was a bit hairier than first thought (as usual), but not
too bad neither; introduction of avx2 support upstream has
required to rethink the patch more in-depth.  I pushed my
changes to salsa so the build steps go through, including on
non-amd64 ports.  I still witnessed some test failures at least
on s390x, but I don't expect to be able to do much about that,
at least not on this architecture; I've got another test started
on arm64 but the emulation layer takes some time so haven't
build and test results yet.

Have a nice day,  :)
--
Étienne Mollier <emollier@emlwks999.eu>
Fingerprint:  8f91 b227 c7d6 f2b1 948c  8236 793c f67e 8f0d 11da