Re: Removing myself from uploaders in (most) med-packages / Winding down involvement a little

Hi Nilesh

Am Fri, Jun 24, 2022 at 08:12:28PM +0530 schrieb Nilesh Patra:
> I have noticed that I am maintaining a number of packages inside
> debian-med team i.e. mentioned in "Uploaders" field.
>
> I feel that I do not have much of a personal interest in majority of
> those packages (I am not a bioinformatic person) and I simply lack the bandwidth
> to do timely maintainence.
>
> Hence, if you see my name mentioned in d/control of med-team packages, feel
> free to remove/drop me from there.

I admit its hard to decide to remove an Uploader.  I did so for people
who really left the team (> 5 years no commits, no changelog entry to a
specific package and no other contributions in general).  I'm perfectly
aware that we have quite a number of "fake-Uploaders" who are way less
active.  However, we somehow need some real person as Uploader and I
feel somehow like you that I can not be an Uploader for everything I did
not changed such entries.

Since you perfectly qualify as way more active than those inactive
Uploaders I do not like to remove you myself.  So if you next time touch
a package where you feel uncomfortable beeing mentioned as Uploader
feel free to replace your ID with mine - but please do it yourself
since I'd be afraid that I might kick you from a package you are
really keen on (for whatever reason).

> I will however continue contributing with the $team-work that I do.

You did a huge amount of work which the whole Debian Med community is
really thankful.  Just keep on with team uploads as your time permits.

BTW, as I announced earlier, my own time I can dedicate to the project
became less than some time ago and I do not see any change to this in
the foreseable future.  So if you simply trust "someone else will fix my
bioinformatics package for me" this is not as reliable as it used to
work a couple of years.  We really need more people sharing the work,
fixing bugs and introducing new packages.  We have quite a number of RC
bugs open and I have the feeling that the number is constantly growing.

I'd happily do introductions and teaching for people who like to
contribute to fill the gaps we have (despite we've got a couple of
new contributors since two years).