Is snakemake using drmaa?

Hi Rebecca,

I've checked the situation of python3-drmaa:

Autopkgtest of python3-drmaa fails with:

   OSError: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libjemalloc.so.2: cannot allocate memory in static TLS block

which is caused by bug #951704 (tagged wontfix).
Drmaa does not seem to be maintained upstream any more.
Nilesh confirmed its a mess.

The question is: Is it recommended by snakemake just for historic reasons or is it really profiting from it.
I'm considering the consequences of just removing drmaa.

What do you think?