Re: Interest in the Dabian med project

Dear Mgbecheta,

Am Fri, Oct 07, 2022 at 02:41:28PM +0100 schrieb Mgbecheta Justice:
> Good day, I am a 3rd year computer science student with some background in
> health.

Thanks a lot for your interest.

> I'll like to help contribute to the Dabian med project but the whole
> ecosystem appears daunting.

In principle we are packaging free software from health and biology for
official Debian.  We need help in fixing bugs inside our packages,
writing CI tests (which is probably the easiest way to enter) and we can
also need helping hands for new packages.  To teach packaging I might
review my attempt for peer-packaging ... I might do some new package in
a Jitsi call to show how it works.

> Please are there link to available resources  that  make on boarding less
> daunting?

The main resource is probably our publicly archived mailing list (in CC)
which I recommend to subscribe.  You can also join our matrix channel[1]
in case you are interested in faster communication.

Hope this helps

     Andreas.

[1] https://app.element.io/?#/room/#debian-med:matrix.org