Re: pufferfish wants to link with twopaco and ntcard

Am 04.10.2022 um 09:38 schrieb Andrius Merkys:
Hi,

On 2022-10-03 18:32, Andreas Tille wrote:
My main motivation to start ntcard and twopaco packages was to avoid
code duplication in pufferfish.  I admit it seems I faild in doing this
sensibly to forget creating a library package.  Simply do whatever
brings you forward with pufferfish and fix what I failed to do.
Thanks for replies, Andreas and Steffen!

Alas, I did not get far. Static libraries for ntcard and twopaco are
easy to add (I have pushed 'static-library' branches to salsa for these
packages). However, pufferfish has patched main() functions of ntcard
and twopaco executables in order to use them in internal calls.

At this point I do not think much can be done without getting the
upstreams of pufferfish, ntcard and twopaco to align their interfaces.

In my experience, upstreams are thankful for such pointers. And over
time I started to take more of a satisfaction from such
techno-social-engineering. It is something that I find is the most
valuable contribution of Debian to the sciences, really. Should have
documented such cases :)

Do you think you can formulate an email to all parties explaining the
situation?

Best,
Steffen