spades: truspades command deprecation since v3.15

Hello,

I'm trying to upgrade spades to its new upstream release 3.15.5,
but the resulting autopkgtest chokes on truspades self-test.  It
turns out that truspades is deprecated and unsupported upstream
since the 3.15 release.  So I have a few questions:

  * Is it still worth testing/fixing truspades, given that
    getting it sorted does not look very obvious on first sight,
    or should I just comment out truspades self-test in the
    autopkgtest?

  * Should I drop a NEWS item to notify end users?

Have a nice day,  :)
--
  .''`.  Étienne Mollier <emollier@debian.org>
 : :' :  gpg: 8f91 b227 c7d6 f2b1 948c  8236 793c f67e 8f0d 11da