Re: milib moved to gradle build system - help needed

Hi Andreas and tony,

Le 01/07/2022 à 19:13, tony mancill a écrit :
On Thu, Jun 30, 2022 at 05:06:50PM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
Hi Pierre (and others)

I injected latest version of milib which moved to gradle even in some
versions before.  My extremely weak attempt to switch to gradle failed
(quite expected) but I hope its a nice start for you (or anybody else
who might know gradle better than me which is basically zero).

Hi Andreas,

Not only did upstream switch to Gradle, but the build file is written in
Kotlin, which I don't be believe our build toolchain currently supports.
Fortunately, the build doesn't look very complex - it's mostly concerned
with publishing, none of which we need - so we should be able to write a
simple build.gradle for the project.

Thanks for the first look into the package!
I have patched the build file quite a lot (rewriting it from scratch could have been simpler, but there are the dependencies...), refreshed dependencies and Maven rules, made small changes to be able to compile and to run the tests successfully!

I will give this a go, but it likely won't be until the end of next week
due to some ${real_life} family considerations.  (Pierre, if you are
already ahead of me on this, feel free to go ahead with an upload.)

There remains a few tiny steps in the "TODO" section in d/changelog. I think I could address them within the two upcoming days. If I can't, I will tell you tony!

Cheers!
tony

Warm regards,

--