Re: Removing myself from uploaders in (most) med-packages / Winding down involvement a little

Hi,

On 24.06.22 17:46, Andreas Tille wrote:
Hi Nilesh

Am Fri, Jun 24, 2022 at 08:12:28PM +0530 schrieb Nilesh Patra:
I have noticed that I am maintaining a number of packages inside
debian-med team i.e. mentioned in "Uploaders" field.

I admit its hard to decide to remove an Uploader.  I did so for people
who really left the team (> 5 years no commits, no changelog entry to a
specific package and no other contributions in general).  I'm perfectly
aware that we have quite a number of "fake-Uploaders" who are way less
active.

As someone who lurks in the shadows, I want to thank you both and everyone else for the job that you are doing. Personally, I only take care of my own tools and make sure they integrate nicely with Debian. However, you ensure that thousands of bioinformaticians can do their day-to-day job by using our packages.

I will however continue contributing with the $team-work that I do.

You did a huge amount of work which the whole Debian Med community is
really thankful.  Just keep on with team uploads as your time permits.

I believe that is the only way to do it. Spend the time and effort you can and is healthy but don't feel coerced into anything.

Thanks again.
Fabian