Re: Self Introduction

Hi,

Am Thu, Mar 31, 2022 at 01:32:31AM +0530 schrieb Nilesh Patra:
> On Thu, Mar 31, 2022 at 12:43:57AM +0530, Vinay wrote:
> > I am Vinay from India, a student currently pursuing Computer Science
> > Engineering.
>
> Hello and welcome. I am from India as well so it is nice to
> see you on this list.

Welcome also from me from Europe. :-)

> > I use GNU/Linux and have been using Debian for 2 years.
> > I have basic packaging skills, recently I started my journey in packaging a
> > node module (https://www.npmjs.com/package/prosemirror-view).
>
> Cool. But I do not see this package in the archive.
> Am I misunderstanding something?

I guess Nilesh means that there is no repository on salsa.debian.org.  I
guess you have a login there and you want to become a member of med-team
to contribute sensibly.

> > Furthermore, I have little knowledge about biology and medical applications,
> > and also would like to learn about it to get to started.
> > I would like to contribute to Debian.
>
> Great, what tasks are you interested in doing?
> If you are not sure, then for newcomer tasks you
> could look into packages needing autopkgtest[1] pick a package
> and add an autopkgtest to it.

The list Nilesh linked to[1] is ordering packages without autopkgtests
in the sequence of their usage number by popcon.  Please note that the
table contains a column which gives a hint about graphical user interface
where automated testing is probably quite hard (but might be possible
if the software contains some command line interface).