Re: libcifpp transition

Hi Andrius,

Op 16-01-2022 om 09:47 schreef Andrius Merkys:

libcifpp 2.0.4-1 has just been accepted to experimental (yay!). This
means now we have to carry out its transition [1] (libcifpp1 -> libcifpp2).

I see you have in the meantime released libcifpp with soversion of 3.
Thus instead of doing libcifpp1 -> libcifpp2 we may skip to libcifpp1 ->
libcifpp3, but this will again require to clear NEW queue which may take
quite some time again. I personally would like transitioning libcifpp1
-> libcifpp2 as libcifpp 2.0.4-1 would unblock my plans to work on
openstructure which needs components.cif as provided by libcifpp-data
2.0.4-1 (but I can play with this in experimental for now).

We discussed this before and decided it is best to stick to version 2 for now. You need that for your projects.

To complete libcifpp1 -> libcifpp2 we need to ensure we can build all
reverse dependencies with new libcifpp. The list of these dependencies
is conveniently given in [1]. I have attempted building cif-tools
1.0.0-4, but failed due to the following:

In file included from src/cif2pdb.cpp:28:
src/cif-tools.hpp:34:10: fatal error: cif++/Config.hpp: No such file or
directory
    34 | #include "cif++/Config.hpp"

The Config file was no longer needed thanks to the switch to cmake. The API should be roughly the same.

Of course I have upstream fixes for all packages. Will patch the code in Debian when needed. Which brings me to:

[1] https://release.debian.org/transitions/html/auto-libcifpp.html
When is this auto transition thing starting? I mean, if I visit this page I get only red boxes. Don't understand what needs to be done here.

Would be nice to have some overview to see what needs to be done.

-maarten