Re: salsa CI job fails during "uploading artifacts"

Hi Steve,

On 1/4/22 6:35 PM, Steven Robbins wrote:
Hi Nilesh,

On Tuesday, January 4, 2022 1:32:37 A.M. CST Nilesh Patra wrote:
On 1/4/22 5:40 AM, Steven Robbins wrote:
Hi,

As far as I can discern, the build job for Elastix successfully builds the
package, but then fails trying to upload artifacts.  Can anyone shed light
on what's going on or how to fix it?

Uploading artifacts for successful job

I have seen it happening usually when the artifacts are (very) large in
size. Is that the case with elastix?

That's a good question.  I did not set up this job so I don't even know what
the artifacts are.

They are the compiled `.deb`s and the source tarballs.
As an example, I fetched the build artifacts from here[1]

$ unzip build_master.zip
Archive:  build_master.zip
   creating: debian/output/
  inflating: debian/output/output.log
  inflating: debian/output/xpore-doc_2.1-1+salsaci_all.deb
  inflating: debian/output/xpore_2.1-1+salsaci.debian.tar.xz
  inflating: debian/output/xpore_2.1-1+salsaci.dsc
  inflating: debian/output/xpore_2.1-1+salsaci_all.deb
  inflating: debian/output/xpore_2.1-1+salsaci_amd64.build
  inflating: debian/output/xpore_2.1-1+salsaci_amd64.buildinfo
  inflating: debian/output/xpore_2.1-1+salsaci_amd64.changes
  inflating: debian/output/xpore_2.1.orig.tar.gz

 How can I find out their size?

You can check the size of the source tars and .deb you compiled on your machine.
For elastix, it looks to be somewhere around 14 MB, so it does not look very likely (to me) to
be a artifact-size problem.

Since the CI says:

| WARNING: Uploading artifacts as "archive" to coordinator... failed  id=2329183 responseStatus=502 Bad Gateway status=502 | token=eGtkP2AF
| WARNING: Retrying...                                context=artifacts-uploader error=invalid argument

maybe there is a timeout, I wonder if something changes on re-triggering the pipeline.
In any case, only CI folks can help here.

Are the artifacts even required for uploading?

I don't understand this question.

Where are they getting uploaded to?

Runner communicates with the connector, artifacts are probably stored in the server that
the gitlab-runner runs on. You can download them as well, and they get cleared off after a few weeks.

Can this be disabled?

I am not aware of this, you'll need to ask the people involved.
You could also check once with salsa CI folks at #salsaci on OFTC

I don't use IRC.  Is there an email?

Not an email, but they do have an issue tracker[2]
Please do create an issue mentioning this artifact upload failing thingy.

[1]: https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/xpore/-/jobs/2095650
[2]: https://salsa.debian.org/salsa-ci-team/pipeline/-/issues

Regards,
Nilesh