Re: Lagging behind several versions for snakemake - lots of failed tests in latest version

On 17.10.21 21:19, Nilesh Patra wrote:
On 10/18/21 12:13 AM, Rebecca N. Palmer wrote:
On 15/10/2021 14:46, Andreas Tille wrote:
Hi Rebecca

and whoever might care.  As usual snakemake is troublesome to upgrade.
I have injected the latest version into Git but there are lots of
failed tests.  It would be great if someone could care about this.
I hadn't tried to upgrade snakemake because python-pulp is too old (#963041).

Yeah, snakemake has now moved to pulp 2.0. pulp had another rev-dep on congress which is now removed from archive.
pulp is maintained in openstack, and I sent out an email to zigo and openstack-list asking to upgrade,

cf: https://lists.debian.org/debian-openstack/2021/10/msg00001.html

I had been there and already got a reply from zigo (June this year) that we can go ahead with an update since pulp is (no longer?) used with Open Stack. I never got around to it, though. I Just paste our exchange below (don't expect anyone to mind).