Re: ArrayExpressHTS ran into removed fastx-toolkit

On 27.07.21 12:53, Nilesh Patra wrote:

On Tue, 27 Jul, 2021, 4:16 pm Nilesh Patra, <nilesh@debian.org> wrote:
and its reverse dependencies
like ArrayExpressHTS with it, then?

Not needed for reverse dependencies, if we push those to ofiicial bullseye-backports.
Erm, correction here. Ofcourse, we will need to push in reverse-deps of fastx-toolkit to fasttrack.

But I think in such a case we might end up pushing relatively more useful (chain of) packages in there.
But everything depends on if fastx-toolkit is absolutely impossible to have in testing.
We do have several softwares in the archive where the upstream is dead. Unless fastx-toolkit is completely not suited for release, we could think about maintaining it ourselves

And in my mind, keeping such older software afloat is part of the service that Debian provides to the community. So, let's hope for a path back into testing.

Best,
Steffen