Re: Heudiconv moved to Debian Med repository

On Wed, 17 Nov 2021, Andreas Tille wrote:

> > I thought we were up to date with connectome-workbench ... yeap - we
> > are.  Upstream is "involved" with uploads so we keep it uptodate afaik.
> > Also upstream (in both cases, we are the upstream of heudiconv) is
> > interested in neurodebian backports, at least for the most recent debian
> > stable -- so ideally those packages should not jump onto bleeding edge
> > packaging changes which would make them incompatible with debhelper etc
> > in debian stable.

> Nilesh asked me to move this one and I guess he has some reason to pick
> this.  Current Debian stable has debhelper 13 so this should be no
> issue.  Debhelper 13 is also backported for old-stable - so I do not see
> any potential breaks here.

if need comes (e.g. upstream wants backports on older
debian/ubuntu), I just would like to reserve the right to provide
"dsc" patches under debian/patches -- they would not be listed in
debian/patches/series, so will not interfere but would simplify building
backports for neurodebian

--
Yaroslav O. Halchenko
Center for Open Neuroscience     http://centerforopenneuroscience.org