Re: Project proposal for the Debian Med group

Hi Guido,

Debian maintainer for CherryTree here.

On 2021-11-17 10:49, Guido Rovera wrote:
> Since I haven't heard back from you, I would like to know if there is
> anyone interested in the "TechneNotes" project
> (https://grovera.gitlab.io/technenotes/
> <https://grovera.gitlab.io/technenotes/>)

I admit I saw your initial message, but since Debian already has a
somewhat alternative to it, CherryTree, I did not pick it up. CherryTree
seems to be quite well-known already (popcon ~350), although I admit I
do not use CherryTree much personally (I maintain it mostly due to my
colleagues' needs), thus I cannot compare it with TechneNotes.

You could greatly help TechneNotes to appear in Debian faster by
attempting to package it for Debian yourself. This would most likely
address issues expressed by Tony en route. There is a nice wiki page to
start with [1].

[1] https://wiki.debian.org/UpstreamGuide

Best wishes,
Andrius