Re: Introduction

Hi Enric,

thank you for reaching out!  I just want to follow up on one aspect:
even without any coding/packaging, everyone can contribute to the big
long lasting positive effect for Debian and "Open"
science/software/health/... by promoting open practices, software and
licenses to apply and legal safeguards (e.g. participant consent forms
etc).

Quite often in Debian (and elsewhere) we encounter interested in open
sharing researchers who have not thought about open sharing whenever
they initiated study or the project.  That often makes it hard or
impossible for THEM later to either share the products of their work, or
even at times to USE their own work (e.g. if they change
employers, or decide to reuse materials they have surrended their
copyright for).

Shameless plug: have a look at our very brief publication
https://academic.oup.com/gigascience/article/4/1/s13742-015-0072-7/2707572
principles of which apply also to improve reproducibility of research.
For that we promote thinking ahead while developing any
(neuroimaging in our case) study and provide this "short HOWTO" with
more pointers http://5steps.repronim.org/ .

So, altogether -- promoting healthy open practices from the beginning of
any study design/plan etc would be of great help to Debian and beyond.

Cheers,

--
Yaroslav O. Halchenko
Center for Open Neuroscience     http://centerforopenneuroscience.org