Re: ArrayExpressHTS ran into removed fastx-toolkit

On Tue, 27 Jul, 2021, 4:16 pm Nilesh Patra, <nilesh@debian.org> wrote:
and its reverse dependencies
like ArrayExpressHTS with it, then?

Not needed for reverse dependencies, if we push those to ofiicial bullseye-backports.
Erm, correction here. Ofcourse, we will need to push in reverse-deps of fastx-toolkit to fasttrack.

But I think in such a case we might end up pushing relatively more useful (chain of) packages in there.
But everything depends on if fastx-toolkit is absolutely impossible to have in testing.
We do have several softwares in the archive where the upstream is dead. Unless fastx-toolkit is completely not suited for release, we could think about maintaining it ourselves