Re: ArrayExpressHTS ran into removed fastx-toolkit

[Bringing Praveen into the loop who maintains fasttrack]

Hi Steffen,

On Tue, 27 Jul, 2021, 3:32 pm Steffen Möller, <steffen_moeller@gmx.de> wrote:
Hello,

fastx-toolkit https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/fastx-toolkit ran into a
bug in one of its dependencies and was removed for that reason.
ArrayExpressHTS still depends on fasta_formatter from that library.

In the meantime, Pierre has fixed that bug on that dependency of
fastx-toolkit, so I think this could go back in, right?

Sure, it could be reintroduced.

If we are concerned about taking responsibility for fastx-toolkit since
upstream officially declared it as unsupported, then maybe this would be
something for https://fasttrack.debian.net/

No, that's likely not the case for fasttrack. fasttrack is for packages that will never make it to testing. If it's the case for fastx-toolkit, then probably we go the fasttrack way

and its reverse dependencies
like ArrayExpressHTS with it, then?

Not needed for reverse dependencies, if we push those to ofiicial bullseye-backports

But since complicates everything, I
would like not go that route.

Right. @Praveen, do you think it qualifies for being in fasttrack?

Nilesh