Re: ASTM Lab equipment protocol

On Monday, July 12, 2021 02:51:41 AM Andreas Tille wrote:

> We simply need pointers to DFSG-free software implementing what you need

> and than we can consider packaging it. Any links would be helpful.

I am not the op, but out of curiosity (I'm glad I'm not a cat), I did a little googling, latest on [astm computer protocol E1381 or E1394 software "open source"] and got some hits -- nothing that I spotted as an obvious DFSG-free software package, but hints that there might be something (I did not look at all the hits).

From those hits, I got some hints, that:

* there are two protocols, with E1381 may be be a lower level protocol and E1394 being a higher level protocol

* just the fact that there are some hits suggests that there might be an open source package

Two of the hits, picked with very little attempt at discrimination:

Clinical Microbiology Informatics - NCBI - NIH

by DD Rhoads · 2014 · Cited by 62 — Biomedical Informatics: Computer Applications in Health Care and Biomedicine, ... and LIS02-A2 (formerly maintained as guidelines ASTM E1381 and E1394). ... Some instrument interfaces follow the ASTM E1381-specified guidelines, but ... of commercial, open-source, and in-house software packages and data sets that ...

The Prominence Of Health Level Seven (HL7) In LIMS ...

Jun 26, 2019 — Operating system software is typically provided by a hardware manufacturer or a third party. ... (ii) ASTM Protocol: Standards for communication between laboratory analyzers ... protocol and E 1394-91 that defines format/content. ... This is an open source, best HL7 parser and library for Java, named Hapi.