Re: mcaller - may be ready

Hello,

On 2021-06-21 08:16, Andreas Tille wrote:
>>> Repository data is changed during the tests, which I dislike, but ...
>>> well ... we need to get somewhere.
>> * And I dislike this as well, so I simply removed the build time test, and
>> running that as autopkgtest. IMO doing this is even better since this
>> tests that the binary is actually installed.
> Another way would be to do some
>
>    override_dh_auto_test:
> 	cp -a testdata testdata_save
> 	dh_auto_test
> 	rm -rf testdata
> 	mv testdata_save testdata
>
> or something like this.  While I agree that autopkgtest is more important
> than build time test both falvours make sense.
Build time tests are very important for apriori (pre-upload) detection
of breakages introduced by updates/modifications of reverse
dependencies. ratt loses much of its power without these tests.

I really like Andreas's suggestion for preserving the original test
data. It should do the trick.

Best,
Andrius