Re: mcaller - may be ready

Hi,

On 20/06/21 01:22 PM, Steffen Möller wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I finally got around a revisit of
> git@salsa.debian.org:med-team/mcaller.git . I think it is read to be
> uploaded, in the sense that it compiles nicely and does not give any
> testing errors.

I did the following changes:

* Do not create manpages while build, rather maintain maintainer
manpages. Doing the former actually breaks cross building.
So I added in maintainer manpages with createmanpages script

* Add missing B-D on python3-sklearn

> Repository data is changed during the tests, which I dislike, but ...
> well ... we need to get somewhere.

* And I dislike this as well, so I simply removed the build time test, and
running that as autopkgtest. IMO doing this is even better since this
tests that the binary is actually installed.

However salsa CI shows a fail on autopkgtest with:

""
2021-06-20 20:44:08 ERROR 404: Not Found.
""

I guess this is a temporary error, and nothing related with package
test. I'll hit the retry after a few hours

> Peer review and (if not too bad) upload would be appreciated.

I was going to upload, but found out that there's testdata/*.fast5, all
of which is binary data. This makes me feel not too good, and maybe this
can trigger a rejection from ftp master.
Since this file is not in use, I think this can simply be dropped.

Also, the *.pkl files have several huge strings like "\x03\xab" etc
To my understanding, the *.pkl files have been used to save model's
training parameters, and the script loads model's training parameters
from that file if you pass it in as an argument (-d flag)
And looks like they are binary files as well -- with those sorts of binary
strings, and that too makes me feel not too good about it, since ftp
master can again _potentially_ reject this.

On the other hand, removing these files from the package would mean we
cannot run autopkgtests, and hence I'm unsure about this. Would you have
an opinion about this?
Also @Andreas, what do you think?

On Mon, 21 Jun 2021 at 01:03, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:

> dh_auto_build
> help2man ./mCaller.py --version-string=`head -n1 debian/changelog |cut -f1 -d- | cut -f2 -d'(' ` --no-info > debian/mCaller.1
> help2man: can't get `--help' info from ./mCaller.py

And salsa CI shows this too :-)

https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/mcaller/-/jobs/1714653

I'm happy enabling this was useful

> My guess is it works on your local machine and I'd like to repeat my
> plea to build in a chroot at least once before asking for review.

+1

Nilesh