Re: Autopkgtests for pilercr

Hi Shruti,

On 6/17/21 9:06 PM, Shruti Sridhar wrote:
> I had originally taken the data from the examples on the website [1] and I thought that the same data would be available on their github repository.
>
> But since the data is not the same, I have now changed it to the same sequence from the NCBI database [2] so I have added the public domain license for this. I have taken the first 175 lines of the genome and have written this in the d/README.test.

Alright, that looks okay,
Since fetching it directly from a file location or a sort of API doesn't seem the way out, writing a script directly looks not easy.
I guess folks could simply download the fasta file from that link and take head of first 175 - that should be maintainable.

> I'm extremely sorry for all the confusion and I will be more careful from now on.

No worries,

> Kindly let me know if there are any more changes required.

You had to mention text as well, I did it for now. And the data's "Files:" (which you added in)
section had an extra space, which makes parsing it hard. (lintian indicated it too)
Please see lintian's output and fix Errors + warnings in future

Nothing major though, Minor changes - I fixed it for now and pushed.

BTW two things (on a different context so you're on the same page):

1. Please consider to bottom post[1] your emails, otherwise for instance in this mail itself, it becomes
impossible to know what question you're replying to. And to me personally, it needs a lot of mind mapping to remember every statement and correlate the answers.
It also goes against the mailing list norm.
This document is really nice[2] and might help you a bit

2. It seems that you send emails via the web interface. While that's okay for sure, but that often ends up injecting html into your emails, and
this sometimes renders weird in mutt, or other terminal based MUAs.
Hence, please consider to use a mailing client like thunderbird or mutt or alpine et. al. and select the mode as plain text.
Hope that's okay

[1]: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style#Bottom-posting