Re: Static linking without using a Built-Using attribute

Hi Sébastien,

Sébastien Jodogne, on 2021-06-05:
> I'm obviously fine with your changes (to which I had a look), as they
> seem to be perfectly in line with Nilesh's explanations.
>
> It would indeed be great if you could do the team upload: This would
> prevent any mishandling of the bullseye branch on my side.

Sounds good, I pushed the branch "bullseye" on your package
repository[1] on Salsa, and imported the appropriate orig.tar,
thanks Salsa CI for catching that.  From there, your should be
able to proceed to a regular upload to unstable.  I can't do it
myself unless I get DM grants on orthanc, but you shouldn't have
troubles to get the upload done; it's really just a regular
upload to unstable.

[1]: https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/orthanc/

Once orthanc upload to unstable is done, the package will
require a manual unblock from the release team to migrate to
bullseye.  You can file a request by using reportbug against
release.debian.org, and let yourself be guided by the template.

> Once the team upload is accepted, I will try to fix by myself the three
> plugin packages by adding the "Built-Using" attribute in their bullseye
> branch, replicating your process on the main "orthanc" source package.

All right, note that for future versions, you may want to
automate filling the version number in the Built-Using field.
Feel free to use a similar scheme as what is recommended for
SIMDe[2], item #6; there is a variable involved in d/control and
setting this variable is done by override of dh_gencontrol in
d/rules.

[2]: https://wiki.debian.org/SIMDEverywhere#Approach

> Many thanks again to both of you,

You're welcome!

Have a nice day,  :)
--
Étienne Mollier <etienne.mollier@mailoo.org>
Fingerprint:  8f91 b227 c7d6 f2b1 948c  8236 793c f67e 8f0d 11da