Introduction

Hello!

My name is Shruti Sridhar and I’m currently a senior at BITS Pilani Goa, India studying Biological Sciences and Chemical Engineering. I am reaching out in regards to the Debian Med project in this year’s Google Summer of Code for Quality Assurance and Continuous Integration for Bioinformatics Applications.

My major focus area (including my thesis topic during fall) is translational research. This area is extremely fast paced with new computational tools and workflows being introduced at a rapid speed. This is the reason the project with Debian Med resonates with me. It allows me to write relevant autopkgtests for a vast array of packages which is guided through the intersection of both my degrees and at the same time gives me exposure to the type of computational problems that exist and methods of approaching them.

I started contributing to Debian Med in August last year, and since then I have written tests for 8 packages. Lately, I have been working on the bugs filed as GSOC’21 applications tasks and have managed to close four of them.

I have shared a draft of my proposal through the GSoC portal, and I would kindly request the mentors to take a look and provide feedback so I can make any changes if required.

Looking forward to working with Debian Med!

Regards,
Shruti