Re: Re: Please track you new packages in Blends tasks (Was: pullseq_1.0.2-1_amd64.changes is NEW)

Hi Andreas,

Apologies for late reply, I missed to reply to this mail (see below)

>> Since these NEW packages are not yet accepted, is
>> adding in "Recommends:" still OK?

> Definitely.  The toolset will deal with this.  The code to generate the
> metapackages will decrease any Recommends that can not be resolved in
> *testing* to Suggests automatically.  So even if we might loose some
> packages due to RC bugs (I guess dicompyler is some candidate for this
> due to [2]) the metapackages will be re-rendered short before the real
> release to reflect this loss.  There is no need to edit the tasks file
> for this.

Alright, but what tasks should I add in there? I
pushed a lot of stuff to NEW in the past few days (some of which has
even been accepted)
So which packages are of more relevance? All? Only those on the
spreadsheet? Which ones?

>> (Or is this done with the ulterior motive that these will be accepted
>> someday?)

> The tasks files are containing packages in Git only also with
> recommends.  Yes, once they migrated to *testing* the metapackages will
> include the packages.  The web site will render the packages in the
> according section.

ACK

> Please use "Suggests" *only* if the package is of
> some lower relevance for the task.

How do I ascertain the relevance?

Nilesh