Re: nthash is fine - please review two other packages. :-) (Was: [Request for review] nthash)

On Sat, Mar 27, 2021 at 02:33:03AM +0530, Nilesh Patra wrote:
> >> Please consider doing a review and upload, or give me a green signal and
> >> I'll do so.
> > I've just added citation information.
>
> I do not see it at salsa, did you forget to push?

Yup. :-)  Pushed now.

> > Please check the probably
> > unneeded empty file debian/tests/test1.  Feel free to upload yourself.
> > It looks good from my point.
> I uploaded, thank you for the review! :-)
> > I wonder whether you (or whoever likes to!) like to have a look at
> > python-lineages[2].  I did not found any license information
> > specifically I'm not sure about the included font.
>
> Well, I do see a license on the g/h repo  here: https://github.com/cov-lineages/lineages/blob/master/LICENSE.md
> They probably did not include it in the tarball.
>
> But there is a bigger problem to solve here -- the license is CC BY-NC-SA which makes it non-DFSG compliant :-/
> We need to talk to and convince upstream there. To be fair, I've first time seen code being licensed under creative commons so probably we could suggest a better one maybe MIT/Expat?

Yes, definitely.  I'd be happy if you'd volunteer to discuss - missing
the file inside the tarball is an issue anyway.

> > Another review is needed for pangoLEARN[3].  Both are preconditions
> > for pangolin which is used in the covpipe pipeline.  The issue for
> > pangoLEARN package is:
> >
> > $ pangoLEARN
> > Traceback (most recent call last):
> >   File "/usr/bin/pangoLEARN", line 33, in <module>
> >     sys.exit(load_entry_point('pangoLEARN===2021-03-16', 'console_scripts', 'pangoLEARN')())
> >   File "/usr/bin/pangoLEARN", line 25, in importlib_load_entry_point
> >     return next(matches).load()
> >   File "/usr/lib/python3.9/importlib/metadata.py", line 77, in load
> >     module = import_module(match.group('module'))
> >   File "/usr/lib/python3.9/importlib/__init__.py", line 127, in import_module
> >     return _bootstrap._gcd_import(name[level:], package, level)
> >   File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1030, in _gcd_import
> >   File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1007, in _find_and_load
> >   File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 984, in _find_and_load_unlocked
> > ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'pangoLEARN.command'
>
> Hmm, did you pick the wrong one by mistake?
> Quite literally, it has "1" file: https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/python-pangolearn/-/blob/master/pangoLEARN/__init__.py
> inside it which contains code, that too this:
>
> _program = "pangoLEARN"
> __version__ = "2021-03-16"
>

> which does not seem to do anything useful. So I'm quite confused as to what this really does.
> Steffen might have a better answer for this one -- I do not really know what this package does.

I also have no idea.  Its a precondition for pangolin and I simply
expect setup.py doing the right thing that the resulting executable
in /usr/bin simply is not failing.