Re: Which columns should we start working on?

Am 24.03.21 um 11:47 schrieb Nilesh Patra:
> Hi Steffen,
>
> Thanks for your reply. This is a lot of information, so I'll just quote
> specific sections.
>
>> There are some tools that block many columns from being completed. To
>> mention here in particular are the workflow engines, and here it is
>> nextflow that seems like being a beast to package. So, yes, Nilesh,
>> please, nextflow out of the way would be a big help.
> I see nextflow here on salsa[1] but there does not seem to be a TODO,
> would you remember what needs to be done?
There was a time when only the "capsule" module was missing to get the
tests completed. But when I last checked, there were additional Java
deps that sneeked in. IIRC this needed internet access at build time.

> I also see that this has a lot of Java, groovy, gradle files stuff - so
> maybe @Pierre, can you help pushing this?
>

> [1]: https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/nextflow
>
>> A) housekeeping packages (I just made this name up as a pun on
>> housekeeping genes) that are just expected to be available. I am not
>> unlikely to have marked such in red in the leftmost column of the
>> spreadsheet. It is the kind of package I go for when I am feeling a bit
>> down and what a quick success.
> I have to admit, that I have no background in medicine, so does this
> translate to - "do the red ones"?

Yes. Stop when you find that too many packages that are not yet in
Debian are dragged-in dependencies.

>> My next picks would be for A) MEME B) pyomo A^B) autodock-gpu - can we
>> have three packages of the week?
> Works. @Andreas, is there anything extra that we would like doing to
> kick start these?

;) I happily ignored Andreas' answer.

Thank you for the email to the MEME developers

Steffen