Re: python3-scanpy 1.6.0 patched, could you take a look?

Hi Andreas,

On Mon, Mar 22, 2021 at 09:24:56AM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> At first we should consider the name of the source package.  If this
> software is just a Python module (and thus we only create python3-scanpy
> binary package and no additional scanpy package) I'd recommend to rename
> the source package to python-scanpy (and move the repository accordingly
> to python-scanpy).

A question in this part -- should the source package name still not be
scanpy?
For debian python team, source package names are module names however
the binaries have a python3- prefixed, as seen in the policy as well[1]

Prominent examples for example are numpy and numba which do not have a
python- in their source package names.

Is it instead a matter of personal taste or do I miss something?

[1]: https://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/python-policy/index.html#module-package-names

Nilesh