Re: Some patches for gmap from Debian

Hi Michael,

Thanks for sending the patches.  I am willing to make all of them part of the source code going forward, except for the last set, where you remove getline.c and getopt.c.  That is because my version of getline.c has some procedures that are not present in the standard getline.c.  Also, I don't know if everyone's system has getopt.c, so it seems safest if I include it for other people.  Would it be okay if I renamed those files, so they do not conflict with your system file names?

As for the version control, the code has been on our in-house subversion for a long time, and I am in the process of moving it to Git.  When that happens, I believe I can put the code onto a public Github repository, although I do need to get approval first from our Legal department.  I will be working on the SVN-to-Git conversion later this year.

Thanks,

Tom

Thomas D. Wu, M.D., Ph.D.

Principal Scientist, Bioinformatics & Computational Biology

Genentech, A Member of the Roche Group

Office +1 (650) 225-5672

twu@gene.com

Join Genentech on LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube