Re: [Request for review] rna-star

On Mon, 1 Mar 2021 at 14:15, Nilesh Patra <nilesh@debian.org> wrote:
Hi Michael

On Mon, 1 Mar, 2021, 5:06 pm Michael Crusoe, <michael.crusoe@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello Nilesh!

Thank you for noticing this.

Please add entries to debian/changelog in the future. I use `dch 'changed a thing'` followed by `debcommit -a` instead of using `git commit`, to ensure I document my changes.

In your patch you removed `-O3`, I've put that back to simplify the patch. It doesn't hurt to specify that twice.

Many thanks for the review!

I've pushed my cleanups. Can you also add logic to compile rna-star multiple times using -mavx2 on down for amd64 along with a wrapper script?

I'm running out of time this week, would you mind doing so(just once for now)?

Sure

BTW, this will lead to introduction of another binary, which is probably not allowed during soft freeze -- thoughts?

No, not another binary package, another binary within the existing package.

--
Michael R. Crusoe