Re: New bali-phy version 3.6.0 and some lintian questions

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for the feedback!  I pushed my changes to salsa, and I think I have incorporated all of your feedback except about the empty directory.

I: bali-phy: package-contains-empty-directory
usr/share/doc/bali-phy/examples/models/regresssion/
Well, is this really intended to have an empty directory here?  WHat
is the purpose?

So models/regression is a symlink, and it looks like meson doesn't install it.  This is an installation bug that I never noticed before.  Meson creates the directory that the symlink points to, but does not put anything inside it.  Meson will soon stop following symlinks during installation, so fixing this behavior in meson is probably not worth it.

In practice, the missing directory doesn't matter.  I am probably going to delete the symlink in the next major upstream version.  I don't want to make an upstream point release to fix this, since it is not really broken.

However, I looked at two things to make the warning message go away:

- I tried to remove the symlink with quilt, but quilt won't handle deleting a symlink

- The lintian docs suggest adding `find path/to/base/dir -type d -empty -delete` to debian/rules, but its not clear that there is always a hard-coded path/to/base/dir.

I could add a lintian override, also.  What do you prefer?

-BenRI