New bali-phy version 3.6.0 and some lintian questions

Hi,

I'm getting ready to upload changes for bali-phy version 3.6.0 to the repo on salsa.  Building the new version was pretty smooth, but I got some lintian "I" tags in testing that I don't remember seeing before.  Here's the lintian output from pbuilder

+++ lintian output +++
su: warning: cannot change directory to /nonexistent: No such file or directory
I: bali-phy: hardening-no-fortify-functions usr/bin/alignment-cat
I: bali-phy: hardening-no-fortify-functions usr/bin/alignment-chop-internal
I: bali-phy: hardening-no-fortify-functions usr/bin/alignment-consensus
I: bali-phy: hardening-no-fortify-functions ... use --no-tag-display-limit to see all (or pipe to a file/program) I: bali-phy: package-contains-documentation-outside-usr-share-doc usr/lib/bali-phy/help/alphabets.txt I: bali-phy: package-contains-documentation-outside-usr-share-doc usr/lib/bali-phy/help/alphabets/Codons.txt I: bali-phy: package-contains-documentation-outside-usr-share-doc usr/lib/bali-phy/help/alphabets/Doublets.txt I: bali-phy: package-contains-documentation-outside-usr-share-doc ... use --no-tag-display-limit to see all (or pipe to a file/program) I: bali-phy: package-contains-empty-directory usr/share/doc/bali-phy/examples/models/regresssion/ I: bali-phy: unused-override spelling-error-in-binary usr/bin/statreport AfE Safe
+++ end of lintian output +++

1. The package-contains-documentation-outside-usr-share-doc are all wrong -- these files are not documentation.

2. I'm curious about the `hardening-no-fortify-functions` tags. It seems that the -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 is indeed getting passed to the compiler, but it looks like all the executables are still getting flagged as unfortified anyway.  Is there a way to look into this further?

Thanks!

-BenRI