Re: Any volunteer to evaluate/fix Python3.9 issues in python-cogent?

Hi Michael,

On Tue, Jan 26, 2021 at 12:30:58PM +0100, Michael Crusoe wrote:
> > FYI: python-cogent requires numba, numba (which is a just-in-time compiler
> > for Python) got removed from testing for not supporting Python 3.9 yet.
> >
> > They finally backported a patch for numba, but the numba armhf tests are
> > failing https://qa.debian.org/excuses.php?package=numba They tried to
> > work around that with the last upload
> > https://tracker.debian.org/news/1222710/accepted-numba-0520-2-source-into-unstable/
> > but that didn't work yet.

I wonder whether we really need any software related to numerical computing
on armhf - but that's another issue.

> > Python-cogent also depends on jupyter-sphinx and that package is also in a
> > tough place: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=950598

Hmmm.

> and the 'ipywidgets.embed' issue remains with the latest release of
> jupyter-sphinx (I just tested locally)
>
> ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'ipywidgets.embed'

Ahhh, OK, I see python-cogent is not even in testing so while it would
be great to have there is no point in excluding it from there.

Thanks a lot for your analysis (and for sure any helping hand to fix
the predependencies is welcome).