Re: libcifpp, libpdb-redo, density-fitness

Hi Maarten,

Maarten L. Hekkelman, on 2021-01-04 11:14:44 +0100:
> The reason for i386 is that the tolerance for floating comparison in the
> test code is too strict (i386 being 32bit has a different double outcome for
> some calculations). That is something I need to fix in the testing code.

If that helps, I tried a trick I shamelessly stole from Adrian
Bunk, which seems to address the tolerance issue without an
entire review of the test suite.  You could give a go to the
following snippet on top of your debian/rules, should you need
to buy yourself some time:

ifneq (,$(filter i386 m68k,$(DEB_BUILD_ARCH)))
export DEB_CFLAGS_MAINT_APPEND=-ffloat-store
export DEB_CXXFLAGS_MAINT_APPEND=-ffloat-store
endif

This works on m68k too, if I trust the GCC manual.  I haven't
checked closely, but I believe it may sacrifice performances on
these platforms though.

Kind Regards,
--
Étienne Mollier <etienne.mollier@mailoo.org>
Fingerprint:  8f91 b227 c7d6 f2b1 948c  8236 793c f67e 8f0d 11da