Re: Ants taken over from Neurodebian team but it does not build - any volunteer?

Le 07/12/2020 à 18:18, Yaroslav Halchenko a écrit :

On Mon, 07 Dec 2020, Andreas Tille wrote:

Hi,

since we take over packages in our tasks files from Neurodebian step by
step I did so with ants[1] which is unmaintained since a long time[2].
I upgraded the packaging to Debian Med standards and injected the latest
upstream version.  Unfortunately this fails with:

THANK YOU!

FWIW,

- I have pushed some changes I had committed locally toward 2.3.2
   but not pushed since it was FTBFS: http://github.com/neurodebian/ANTs
   happen you find them useful

- ants is a "tricky" one since developers work tightly with ITK, so
   most often a bleeding edge ITK release is needed to get ants build
   properly, so any FTBFS first should assess how far back ITK is

Start with ANTs 2.3.0, the superbuild requires ITK 5 (https://github.com/ANTsX/ANTs/blob/v2.3.0/Common.cmake#L39). I've tried compiling ANTs >= 2.3.0 with the latest ITK 4 some time ago, but never got to get it working (sorry, not able to provide exact version numbers to this fuzzy description). I would love to see a recent ANTs in Debian and would gladly help with the packaging of ANTs, but sadly I'm unable to do the same with ITK 5.

Cheers,
--
Julien