Re: move vdjtools from debian-java to debian-med?

On Sat, Dec 05, 2020 at 11:10:22AM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Hi Tony,
>
> On Fri, Dec 04, 2020 at 02:03:02PM -0800, tony mancill wrote:
> >
> > vdjtools feels more like a Debian-Med application that a library to be
> > maintained by the Debian Java team.  Any concerns with me migrating the
> > repo into debian-med on Salsa?
>
> Yep, just go for it

The transfer was easy.  When I tried to configure the webhooks, the
script [1] doesn't seem to be completely idempotent, and in the process
of modifying it to configure just the webhooks, one invocation ended up
doing some PUTs against the API without the PROJECT_ID set.  (Completely
my mistake.)  That is:

+ jq map(select(.path == "vdjtools")) | .[0].id
+ PROJECT_ID=
+ set +x
Configuring the BTS tag pending hook...
Configuring the KGB hook for med-team ...
Configuring email notification on push to med-team commit list ...

I don't think this will do anything terrible, but don't know for sure.
I mention it so the team is aware in case something changes with with
KGB or email notifications for other projects.  These calls were made
with an empty PROJECT_ID:

  $SALSA_URL/projects/$PROJECT_ID/hooks (once for TAGPENDING)
  $SALSA_URL/projects/$PROJECT_ID/hooks (once for KGB)
  $SALSA_URL/projects/$PROJECT_ID/services/emails-on-push

I assume that the "curl --silent --output /dev/null" means that I just
didn't see Gitlab telling that those failed, but check_return_code
allowed the script to proceed, so curl exited successfully.  We probably
need to check the API HTTP response code, either by adding --fail or
using --write-out "%{response_code}".

As time permits, I will work on a patch for the script.

Cheers,
tony

[1] https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/community/helper-scripts/-/blob/master/inject-into-salsa-git