Re: About Snpeff packaging (Was : Re: Attributions concern for aparapi (currently in NEW))

On Sun, Aug 02, 2020 at 08:10:52AM +0200, Pierre Gruet wrote:
> > Thanks a lot for your investigation.  While I'd prefer to provide a full
> > featured package but finally its very good news that we might be able to
> > leave out what is not possible to package due to licensing issues.
>
> I plainly agree a full package would be better. Yet we will be able to
> provide the best possible package considering licensing issues, and
> everything will be prepared for including the missing part as soon as it
> becomes possible!

BTW, I think we do not need to wait until all predependencies have
passed new.  If we have everything that is needed in new we can also
upload snpeff.

> > I remember we have some other package inside Debian which is Scala source
> > (I would need to check which package if it is of interest) and finally
> > we found a way to deal with this.
>
> If this does not require too much time, I would be interested in knowing
> which one it is.

The package is pilon.

> I have recently browsed all packages with "scala" in their names, I saw
> many of them included files for sbt but the Scala compiler (in package
> 'scala') was used instead. This could maybe do the job with akka, yet I
> have the impress (but I have to further investigate to confirm) that
> akka would require a version of the Scala compiler that is newer than
> the one being currently packaged in Debian. I will discuss this on Java
> list if I need it.

Debian Java list is the best list to ask and where I got help.

> Thanks and have a good Sunday,

Same to you