Re: About Snpeff packaging (Was : Re: Attributions concern for aparapi (currently in NEW))

Hi Pierre,

On Sun, Jul 26, 2020 at 10:07:24PM +0200, Pierre Gruet wrote:
> Le 26/07/2020 à 17:22, Andreas Tille a écrit :
> >> https://github.com/aparapi/aparapi/issues/50
> >
> > I've pinged that issue.
>
> Thanks!

You are more than welcome.  Its just supporting your attempt which is
helping the Debian Med team with an important package.

> While I am at it:
> - if aparapi cannot enter Debian, I should be able to deactivate the
> module of apfloat that uses it, as this module is not part of the main
> code. I have got a similar issue for the module using jscience, as
> important non backward-compatible ABI changes in a dependency of
> jscience will prevent us from packaging it unless a new version comes
> one day. Snpeff does not use any of those modules (aparapi and jscience
> wrappers);

Thanks a lot for your investigation.  While I'd prefer to provide a full
featured package but finally its very good news that we might be able to
leave out what is not possible to package due to licensing issues.

> - charts4j is currently in NEW;
> - distlib is in unstable and testing;

Finally. :-)

> - I have some concerns about akko-actor, as the build of this software
> seems to be relying on Scala Build Tool (sbt), which is packaged in
> Debian but not in good shape currently. I will look for a workaround if
> possible.

I remember we have some other package inside Debian which is Scala source
(I would need to check which package if it is of interest) and finally
we found a way to deal with this.

Thanks a lot for your work on this snpeff.  Its very appreciated