ampliconnoise openmpi issue in autopkgtest

Hi Pranav,

seems ampliconnoise will keep us busy longer than other packages.  The
fact that now no extra data are shipped somehow made my motivation to
put them into an extra package somehow void.  So I reverted this and in
addition used xz compression for the data file shipped by upstream.

Unfortunately there are issues with the test (which I ignored formerly
since I'm used to the fact that inside the pbuilder environment root
is executing the test which does not work for mpi).  I've now tried
to run /usr/share/doc/ampliconnoise/run-unit-test on my local machine
which ended in:

C005.dat
Calculating .fdist file
There are not enough slots available in the system to satisfy the 4
slots that were requested by the application:

  PyroDist

Either request fewer slots for your application, or make more slots
available for use.

A "slot" is the Open MPI term for an allocatable unit where we can
launch a process.  The number of slots available are defined by the
environment in which Open MPI processes are run:

  1. Hostfile, via "slots=N" clauses (N defaults to number of
     processor cores if not provided)
  2. The --host command line parameter, via a ":N" suffix on the
     hostname (N defaults to 1 if not provided)
  3. Resource manager (e.g., SLURM, PBS/Torque, LSF, etc.)
  4. If none of a hostfile, the --host command line parameter, or an
     RM is present, Open MPI defaults to the number of processor cores

In all the above cases, if you want Open MPI to default to the number
of hardware threads instead of the number of processor cores, use the
--use-hwthread-cpus option.

Alternatively, you can use the --oversubscribe option to ignore the
number of available slots when deciding the number of processes to
launch.
Exit code:   1

Seems mpi needs some initialisation before it runs on the local
machine.  My machine has

$ nproc
4

So 4 processors should not be a problem.

Any idea what might be wrong here?