Re: False positive lintian tag: requires-r-api

Hi Felix,

Thanks for your prompt answer!

Le jeu. 9 juil. 2020 à 02:34, Felix Lechner
<felix.lechner@lease-up.com> a écrit :
> Yes. At least for the package r-cran-getopt, the package depends on
> r-api-X.X, (4.0 for arch all) but the regular expression includes no
> period (yet has a plus):
>
> Please just let me know which characters you would like to allow. No MR needed.

By looking into the history of r-base (which provides the virtual
r-api-xx package), we have: r-api-3, r-api-3.4, r-api-3.5 and
r-api-4.0. Only the last one should be in the Debian archive right
now. I think it would be fine if lintian could detect both formats
r-api-X and r-api-X.X where X is numeric.

Thanks again!

Best,
Dylan