Re: Acquiring Dental RVG on Linux

Am Donnerstag, 31. Dezember 2020, 12:05:18 CET schrieb Sonali Warunjikar:

> On Thu, Dec 31, 2020 at 02:15:33PM +0530, Sonali Warunjikar wrote:

> > Now the USB layer is as such over. The challenge now shifts to the format

> > of the data gathered.

> Almost there...

> The image resolution on Windows is known and the byte array gathered is

> double of widthxheight indicating it's a 16 bit grayscale image and the

> following way to build image using Pillow almost works - as in the shape

> of the x rayed finger is fine.

That sounds terrific.

> Image.frombytes('L',(1168,1562),buf,'raw','L;16B',0,1)

> Only problem left if I save it back as a raw bitmap (just to see how much

> size a lossless format gives) it is of half the number of bytes gathered

> from which it seems it's not using full 16 bit range. The X ray quality in

> turn is affected.

> How to make Pillow consume all 16 bits per pixel is unclear. Whether L;16B

> is right or not I am unsure.

This might be a limitation introduced by Pillow. I admit that I do not fully understand the problem but briefly looking up some references I came across

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/307613633_Comparison_of_the_performance_of_intraoral_X-ray_sensors_using_objective_image_quality_assessment

and

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/32622658/read-16-bit-png-image-file-using-python

I know that ImageJ is used a lot for Dicom images

maybe this helps.

https://forum.image.sc/t/how-can-i-import-a-raw-image-in-imagej/36435

Other then that it migh be neccessary to decompile the Windows binary to get some pointers.